Data Architect (IoT)
Location: Chicago, IL
Our client is in one of the fasting growing industries, connected products. Backed by a $30B+ global organization, our client is a software IOT product organization that aggregates large volumes of data and utilizes advanced predictive analytics to develop solutions that are reshaping multiple industries.
This person will set and provide data architecture direction supporting their business objectives that align with roadmaps, standards, and best practices; focusing on security, design, data quality, strategies, system availability and resiliency. This position is responsible for working closely with all areas in the company and outside to ensure we are treating data as an asset. This is a front end data architecture focused role. This person will be part of an enterprise data architecture team that is in the process of being built out and this person will work hand and hand with the manager as a team of two to focus on:
- Understand large volumes of data and determine and secure meaningful data.
- Design API / Service Layer interfaces.
- Identify data issues and bake those into architectural design.
- Architect logical and physical data models across a number of different data management platforms.
- Consult with product team to help shape solutions including the establishment of a common Business Vocabulary / Taxonomy for the business.
- Apply Industry standards as they relate to our client’s business (ie. GeoJSON, IoT/Sensor API, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Proven experience with logical / physical data modeling across a number of different data management platforms. Ideal candidate should be able to data model relational and document/object styles;
- Require at least 1-3 years of designing at least one of the following Avro / JSON / XML file formats;
- Working knowledge of API Management is preferred, leveraging Apigee is a plus;
- Experience with Hortonworks DataFlow (NifI, Kafka, Storm, Atlas) and Hortonworks DataPlatform (Yarn HDFS) is preferred;
- Experience with GeoSpatial functionality and data modeling techniques to support GeoSpatial solutions (GeoJSON) is recommended;
- Possess at least 1 year of experience leveraging Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS). AWS Certification is preferred;
- Skilled with data integration issues and integration patterns.
For immediate consideration please email a resume to email@example.com