EHS Manager Wichita, KS
The EHS Mgr. will handle all aspects of industrial safety, health, and environmental systems for assigned facilities. Coordinates all training to meet regulations and internal program requirements, maintain all records in cooperation with other facility resources including operations and human resources, purchase all safety supplies and equipment, manage hazard communication program, conduct or guide injury/incident investigations, track all injuries, reviewing and making recommendations for safety improvements, coordinate safety and ergonomic inspections, and conduct (and train others to conduct) new-hire safety orientations.
- Provide strategic leadership for safety, environmental and health program development to achieve cultural permanence, and site-specific performance objectives and program implementation goals.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and/or company regulations and policies.
- Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned.
- Maintain reporting requirements for environmental calendar.
- Conduct training for environmental regulation issues as needed.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of operation.
- Provide leadership/facilitation and drive for sustained plant safety committees.
- Function as emergency coordinator and develop/drive emergency response/business continuity initiatives.
- Lead operation(s) to best practices and best-in-class safety and environmental results (including program development).
- Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local Industrial Hygiene requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BS in Industrial Safety or Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred
- 10+ years experience in safety, environment and health field in a manufacturing setting, at least three years in a manager role
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs, training and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated Success in Leadership EHS position and passionate commitment to safety of others.
- Demonstrated Program and Practice Development, Implementation and Training success.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org