Security Vulnerability Analyst
Location: Chicago, ILSEND RESUME
Our client is a $30B+ global company that holds a leading market position in their industry and is committed to a major transformation that includes centralizing and growing their cybersecurity team as well as a move to be a very nimble, open source development, and cloud enabled organization. We are partnering with them to assist in filling a Vulnerability Analyst for their growing enterprise security team. to drive these goals. The Vulnerability Management Analyst will ensure continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the enterprise environment including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from vendors and internal sources. This candidate must form strong partnerships with technical teams and provide strategy and prioritization to control vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform as a vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft platform (Server, workstation, applications), Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX), Java, Adobe, Web Application, Java web app virtualization platforms (e.g. WebSphere), Networking, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS), and others.
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to the environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team’s services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 3-5+ years experience in either vulnerability management or related information security field (Threat Intelligence, Network Security, Incidence Response, Security Risk Management)
Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting
- Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys preferred) and other vulnerability management tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT security best practices including operating systems(Windows, Unix, Linux), end-user application, and network security
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, etc)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls
- CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.